Friday, January 18, 2013

Kale dish with Macaroni and Cheese


I bought kale for the first time yesterday. I know! My mother-in-law will tell you I hate anything green. That is not exactly true. I rarely like vegetables cooked. I like raw vegetables better. However, I decided to try this recipe since it looked SO good. It is Dawn's Kale Side Dish. The only difference for me was I left off the cashews. We can't chew nuts. Oh my, this dish is fabulous!!! The kale that cooked up crunchy was great. I had seen a recipe for Kale chips but wasn't sure about trying them. But now I will definitely make them. What I really liked about the recipe is that the complete nutritional value is available  I didn't have to run it through a recipe calculator. 


We are swapping days we eat meat now so this was a non-meat day. I paired a Classic Macaroni and Cheese dish that I wanted to try with it.  I felt comfortable using this recipe since I got it from the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute website. It also had the nutritional values already figured. This dish was also very good. I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything.

We like to eat simple meals. However, you might want  to add a fish or chicken dish with this meal to round it out. We will definitely eat this again. Let me know if you like it.

Don't forget to email this post to people if you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment