Sunday, January 27, 2013

I Hate Grocery Stores Now




I hate grocery stores now. A trip there is totally different than it used to be. When I went in the past, I could go in and get what I wanted quickly. It was easy I didn't have to read labels or anything.

Now I read everything on the label. I compare fats and whether they are saturated or unsaturated. I check cholesterol and sugars. I try to figure out if they are balanced or if there is a better choice. It takes me so much longer to shop and I actually and up buying less groceries. I find myself just going quickly by whole sections of the grocery store. I can't take the temptation of the ice cream section or the processed foods area.

However, I am learning more about the fresh vegetable area. I found a vegetable called name. I am going to try that next time.

The biggest thing I have noticed about grocery stores since I changed the way I eat is how much processed foods there are. When I worked in retail I saw so many people filling up their carts with ready to eat meals. I believe this is because there is so much of it in stores.  It is just easier to find than making your own.

I need a grocery store geared more to my new style of eating. I live in a rather community so I thought it would be fairly easy to find a store catering to this. However, I only found one and I plan to check it out this week. It is called Apple Crate Natural Market. I'll let you know what I think in another post. 


In the meantime, I am going to try to get a better attitude about what I am giving up but it will still be a challenge. I wonder if I can get my husband to do the grocery shopping so I won't be tempted as much?

Don't forget to email this post to people if you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment