Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chocolate Applesauce Cake

with Hershey's chocolate syrup on it
plain









Chocolate Applesauce Cake
I decided to try this recipe for Chocolate Applesauce Cake. It has 14 mg cholesterol and 3.9g saturated fat. I felt like this was acceptable. The sugars was 21.4g. The chess pie is 74mg cholesterol, 7g saturated fat and 39.8g sugars. I added a little Hershey's syrup as the "frosting" since he wanted something special on top.
The taste is great. It made up gooey which is fine. It reminded me of the Paula Dean gooey cakes. The recipe said it will be even better after 24 hours and I believe it.

Changes
I did make a few changes in this recipe. I left out the nuts. We just don't eat them. I have the recipe with my changes and the nutritional values if you want them. Just email me and I will send it to you. However I think this one would be great.

Menu
We will definitively be adding this to our menus for a dessert. I have learned that applesauce is a good substitute for the oils in desserts. I plan to start change my desserts this way in the future.

Don't forget to email this post to people if you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment