Saturday, February 23, 2013

Gluten Free Cranberry granola bars


Here is a recipe I came up with recently. It was my first time cooking with spelt berries. I loved the nutty flavor. I looked at granola bar recipes but couldn't find anything that had exactly what I had in my cabinet. So necessity being the mother of all inventions, I made this. My husband loved it and offered to be the guinea pig for whatever other foods I came up with. Gotta love those husbands! The recipe can also be found here http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2379338. The nutritional values are at the bottom so you can see exactly what you are eating.
Cranberry Granola Bars
Cranberry Granola Bars

Cranberry Granola bars

Minutes to Prepare: 10
Minutes to Cook: 30
Number of Servings: 12

Ingredients

  • Pumpkin, canned, without salt, 1 cup
    Oatmeal (plain), 1 cup dry
    Spelt, Grain, 1 cup,
    Cranberry Sauce, canned, .5 cup
    Peanut Butter, smooth style, .5 cup
    Brown Sugar, .5 cup, packed
    Salt 1/4 tsp
      Tips
I used extra spelt I had soaked for a soup so it was quick.

Directions

Soak the spelt for an hour. Then put through a food processoruntil density you want.
Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a 14 x 11 dish that has been lightly oiled with vegetable oil.

Bake for 30 minutes in 350* oven. Cool then cut into bars.

Serving Size: 12 2 inch pieces
Nutrition Facts
  Servings Per Recipe: 12
  Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
  Calories170.9
  Total Fat6.5 g
     Saturated Fat1.3 g
     Polyunsaturated Fat1.7 g
     Monounsaturated Fat2.9 g
  Cholesterol0.0 mg
  Sodium110.9 mg
  Potassium154.7 mg
  Total Carbohydrate30.5 g
     Dietary Fiber2.7 g
     Sugars18.1 g
  Protein4.6 g
  Vitamin A66.2 %
  Vitamin B-120.0 %
  Vitamin B-63.2 %
  Vitamin C1.9 %
  Vitamin D0.0 %
  Vitamin E6.7 %
  Calcium2.0 %
  Copper3.3 %
  Folate2.7 %
  Iron5.6 %
  Magnesium6.4 %
  Manganese6.1 %
  Niacin7.9 %
  Pantothenic Acid    1.8 %
  Phosphorus    5.3 %
  Riboflavin1.9 %

No comments:

Post a Comment