Monday, February 18, 2013

Apple Crate Natural Market

I finally made it to the Apple Crate Market  in Fayetteville. I had searched for a variety of gluten free items online but wanted to see if I could find them locally. You know, see and look at items. There are no whole food stores or food co-ops within an hour of me. So I checked this place out.

If you live around here, you have to go. At first I wasn't sure about it since the front of the store has a lot of supplements and I wanted things to cook with. However, the back half or more of the store is heaven! I found everything I was looking for and more. I knew about how much the price of them was online from research and was pleasantly surprised to see comparable prices. As a matter of fact, several of the items were less!

I got agave syrup there even though Walmart carries it. It was priced about the same and I really like supporting smaller businesses, don't you? I have tried out several of the grains I got there this week and will be posting some of my own recipes from experimenting with the grains soon.

The only indulgence we got was the maple butter.  Seriously!  We have found our new weakness.  Put a little of that on a piece of toast and you don't want anything else to mess with the flavor. My husband said "I am buying a case of that next month!" Which brings me to another thing I liked about this place. The ladies told me that I could place case orders with them. Speaking of the ladies who were there, they were very helpful but not breathing down your neck kind. You know what I mean? You want to be helped but still be able to browse. Having worked in retail for years I know it is a fine line but you will make more sales that way because people will see more they can't live without (like maple butter!) Or even nerve medicine for dogs. 
If you don't have an Apple Crate Natural Market, where do you find the hard to get items for gluten free cooking?

No comments:

Post a Comment